IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING FILING A BANKRUPTCY CASE, PLEASE CALL TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A CONSULTATION. THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THE CONSULTATION. AN ATTORNEY WILL REVIEW YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION AND ASSIST YOU IN DECIDING IF FILING A BANKRUPTCY CASE IS RIGHT FOR YOU.
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN ORDER TO FILE BANKRUPTCY:
- All bills and statements
- If you own a home or other real estate: a recent mortgage statement or coupon book
- If you are buying an automobile: a recent mortgage statement or coupon book
- Proof of your income for the last six (6) months:
Federal Income Tax Returns for the preceding two tax years
You will need a Certificate of Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Counseling, prior to filing Bankruptcy; we will advise you on this matter as needed.
You must present your picture identification (driver’s license) and social security card prior to the time of your Bankruptcy filing and at the time of your creditors meeting.
There will probably be other requirements in accordance with your particular situation
- If you have other income such as pension or Social Security income, provide proof of your income
- If you receive income by direct deposit to your bank account, you may provide your bank statement as proof of income
- If you have rental income or business income, we will discuss the requirements with you
Phillip K. Wallace
Attorney at Law
4040 W Florida St
Mandeville, LA 70448
Phone (985) 624-2824